• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Well Hello

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 petriach

petriach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted September 04 2011 - 01:31 PM

Most of you might know me from the server as [FKU]CptJeanLuc. I finally thought I would come look at these forums,after someone told me about them. Cause...yeah...I don't pay attention to the main intro screen for the server.

Love the server,except for Gandalf constantly goomba stomping me. And Mandasuar,you lied. It's a ventrilo server not a teamspeak server. I hate ventrilo. >:|

#2 Peaches

Peaches

Advanced Member

• TDC Helper
  • 213 posts

Posted September 04 2011 - 03:27 PM

cptjeanluc :D
welcome :3 and y u hate vent we so fun there D:

pRWlDYY.jpg

#3 Care-Bear

Care-Bear

Steam Group Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted September 04 2011 - 04:35 PM

cptjeanluc :D
welcome :3 and y u hate vent we so fun there D:

The Vent is fun you say? Hmm..... Oh and hello and have fun, all day, everyday
They say that what they know is better, but whats funny is that they wouldn't know good, so therefore, my thoughts are better

#4 petriach

petriach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted September 04 2011 - 04:50 PM

I like TeamSpeak more.

Better software and much better audio.

#5 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Om nom nom!

• Administrators
  • 1,384 posts

Posted September 05 2011 - 01:24 AM

I like TeamSpeak more.

Better software and much better audio.

This is debatable.

Some software is able to produce better results than others, but with VOIP, it's usually more dependent on what microphones or internet connection a user has.

At the end of the day, even if everyone has the same computer, with the same hardware (headset), the difference in quality and latency between Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Mumble, etc, is negligible.

We chose Ventrilo, not to say it is the best. We simply chose it because it is the easiest to use.

Many users are new to using such software, and we wanted to make it as easy as possible to download and instantly use without much setup.

It's also very un-intrustive when it comes to size and layout.

At the end of the day, I would never say one is better than the other, as they all have elements that are great, and elements that are poor. Back in 2005 when I would moderate a Counter Strike Source surfing clan, we would use Teamspeak and it worked fine. When I setup TDC, after testing, we went with Ventrilo.

We'd be happy to use any of them, we merely chose Ventrilo for it's easy-to-use elements, and for the last year and a half, we've had many fun conversations and such on it since.

One thing you will find about me, is I dislike debating the best of something, when that something has no real-world effect, or when using all three benefits rather than hinders.

A good example would be video game consoles or computer operating systems. Most people fight about which is best, but they neglect to realize that opening their experiences to using all that is available, benefits them much better.

For example, I use both Macintosh and Windows in my home. I also own a Playstation 3, an Xbox 360, and a Wii. I love them all, and in return they give me what I want from them.

To summarize; there is nothing wrong with Ventrilo. Teamspeak is not overall better than Ventrilo, but at the same toll, Ventrilo is not better than Teamspeak. You're welcome to join us on Vent. If you don't have a mic, feel free to use the Text-To-Speech chat box.

In addition, welcome to the TDC forum, and thanks for posting. I, and I'm sure everyone else, hope you have fun while here, and meet a lot of the regulars whom should make your experience fulfilling! :D

Edit: One thing you'll find with me, is that if something bothers me, I'll explain it in full, hence the wall of text above.

dolphin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users