• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

[TUTORIAL] How to correctly use "sign in through Steam".

sign in through steam steam valve

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Om nom nom!

• Administrators
  • 1,384 posts

Posted May 03 2012 - 02:39 AM

First of all, a quick security note. For all those concerned, "sign in through Steam" uses the SteamAPI.

This means that when you click the button, you go to the actual Steam website, and then come back here, and none of the login information is ever sent or stored on this server. Therefore it's completely safe to use with your Steam account. Though naturally you have no obligation to use it as you can always create a normal account (or keep using your old one if you already had one).

Right, now that the obligatory warning is out of the way you are either one of two people:

1) You have never made an account and this is your first time signing up to the form.

2) You had an account on the old forum/website, and are interested in using "sign in through Steam".

If you are number (1) then ignore most of this post and sign up. You can either click "sign in through Steam", sign in, then choose a username and email address. Or you can create an account using "sign up" and then decide to link your Steam account later.

If you are number (2) then read on:
To use "sign in through Steam" with your old account;

(everything has been imported to the new site so you should still be able to log in using your usual account).

- In the top right-hand corner, click your username, then click "My Settings".

- On your settings page, click the tab on the left called "Manage Steam".

- You should see the "sign in through Steam" button on that page. Click it and log in through Steam
when the page tells you to.

- When you are redirected by to the site, you should have now linked your old/generic forum account to your Steam account, and can now use the "sign in through Steam" button from now on if you feel like it, instead of having to make a new account to use this feature!

NOTE: If your old forum account had [ or ] symbols in the username, they have now been converted to - symbols. You are welcome to change this after signing in.

dolphin.png

#2 Saint Ziggy

Saint Ziggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted May 04 2012 - 06:58 PM

I had the hardest time trying to get mine to work just getting past the steam guard...

Turns out it was still sending the emails to an older email http://thedalokohscl...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_e_confused.gif I really need to update everything I have on the interwebs

The wages of sin is death. I'll throw in a candy bar, so work for me instead.
Minecraft username: ToastyPanda or Saint Ziggy

Posted Image

#3 Top Dogfish

Top Dogfish

Server Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted May 04 2012 - 07:02 PM

If you want, you can disable Steam Guard if you like living life on the edge.

slap_fight_sm.gif

#4 Saint Ziggy

Saint Ziggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted May 11 2012 - 12:21 PM

-gasp!-
Nah Im too square. Thats just too much excitement for me

The wages of sin is death. I'll throw in a candy bar, so work for me instead.
Minecraft username: ToastyPanda or Saint Ziggy

Posted Image

#5 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Om nom nom!

• Administrators
  • 1,384 posts

Posted May 12 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'm the same with that.

I'd love to turn off Steam Guard but I can't bring myself to do it.

I mean it's funny, we've used Steam without Steam Guard for years just fine,
but I can't bring myself to remove it now that there is an extra security precaution protecting my account.

dolphin.png

#6 Top Dogfish

Top Dogfish

Server Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted May 12 2012 - 09:32 PM

FINE GUYS BE THAT WAY! I'll just be surfing on sharks in the lava then!

slap_fight_sm.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users